Parish Plan - Goal #4
Goal 4: Improve communication channels to ensure parish information is organized and easily accessible.
We are also obliged to be stewards of the Church—collaborators and cooperators in continuing the redemptive work of Jesus Christ, which is the Church’s essential mission. This mission—proclaiming and teaching, serving and sanctifying—is our task. It is the personal responsibility of each one of us as stewards of the Church. - USCCB, Stewardship: A Disciple’s Response, 2012
Objective #1: Employ technology advances to improve communication channels for various parish users.
Action plans include:
- Increase network and Internet bandwidth across the Epiphany Campus to support advancing technological needs.
- Expand communication technology platforms to create interactive resources for event scheduling and notifications allowing parishioners to connect more readily to activities and opportunities. This includes website, mobile, and digital signage.
- Analyze, expand, and provide professional development training to staff on the parish database to improve targeted communications.
- Create and cultivate a social media plan within the parish that encourages parishioners to share witness.
Objective #2: Improve non-technology-driven communication methods to foster better exchanges of ideas and information between the parish clergy, staff, and parishioners.
Action plans include:
- Develop a culture of collaboration in both ministry work and as parish staff through consistent information sharing to ensure the mission of Christ is at the center of our parish life.
- Implement professional development training for parish staff focusing on the communication purpose and effective techniques.
- Conduct annual parish surveys to seek the views of parishioners on their spiritual needs and how we can enhance parish life.
- Develop and implement highly effective and consistent communications with parishioners to support a small faith community culture in a large parish.
- Evaluate marketing strategies and opportunities, including the use of billboards, bulletin design, and parish/ministry branding.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
How is God calling me to take action?:
- I will be a missionary disciple in the greater community by sharing God’s love and mercy
- I will serve as an active member of the parish with a kind word and a caring heart
- I will share my talents as a photographer to capture various parish events
- I will volunteer at the parish and school offices
- I will utilize my writing skills for various church and school projects
- I will share my professional skills in digital and/or print communications
To get involved, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 941.484.3505.
Table of Contents
Letter from Father Jack
Goal #1 – Spiritually Nourish the Faith of Parishioners
Goal #2 – Sharing Our Time, Talent and Treasure
Goal #3 – Promoting Financial Resources
Goal #4 – Improving Communications
Goal #5 – Advancing the Vision of Epiphany Cathedral School
Stewardship as a Way of Life
How is God Calling You?